fiction header


FROM MY CORNER:Why Share America?

Howell Hurst Uncategorized

FROM MY CORNER: Why Share America? I feel nearly alone in my belief that the 80% of us Americans who have our financial affairs in relatively decent shape ought to consciously divert ourselves from corporate induced obsessive consumption, and instead – concentrate on how we may help the remaining 20% of Americans mired in persistent… continue reading »

FROM MY CORNER:Sharing America

Howell Hurst Uncategorized

FROM MY CORNER Sharing America Hundreds of thousands, probably millions, of Americans are literally homeless or unable to consistently pay a monthly rent or mortgage.  This factual situation exists because the corporate/banking Oligarchs who dominate the United States real estate economy refuse to share their immense yearly profits with the workers who actually do the… continue reading »

FROM MY CORNER:What Leaders?

Howell Hurst Corporate Avarice, Defense Spending, Defense vs Diplomacy, Economy & Finance, Military Defense, Uncategorized, War and Organized Mayhem

Following my last column, three readers emailed me they agree it would make sense if all nations’ leaders would stop spending $$Trillions on weapons of mass destruction with which to repeatedly – century after century – kill many of each other’s country’s citizens. The rest remained silent. Do you suppose most of you also agree… continue reading »

FROM MY CORNER: The Oligarchy that Controls our Lives

Howell Hurst American News, Corporate Avarice, Economy & Finance, Poverty, Uncategorized

How much longer are we going to continue to live under a self-serving economic system of the immensely wealthy? America’s Oligarchy is a closely allied 2% or 3% of people who own upwards 90% of The United States. As leaders of gigantic multinational corporations, they collaborate with political leaders of both Republican and Democrat parties… continue reading »